Douglas Hamilton has practised for over 40 years as a lawyer. Douglas’ background is in corporate law, general commercial law and finance with emphasis on company and business law, company formation, acquisition, sales, restructuring and securities.
He has experience in all aspects of acquisition, sale, development and management of real property, with emphasis on shopping centre leasing and management.
Douglas has also undertaken insolvency, administration and realisation work including receivership, appointment, termination, conduct, liquidation and real and personal property acquisition and realisation in conjunction with insolvency administration.
Transactions which Douglas has conducted or participated include:
- joint venture mining agreements
- shopping centre acquisitions and developments
- acquisition and sale of businesses in the wholesale travel industry and acquisition of online booking and payment enterprises
- acquisition and sale of transport businesses
- implementation of numerous transactions across various industries including distribution, agency, manufacturing, licensing and corporation agreements
The general nature of Douglas practice has given him a depth of understanding of the business needs of clients.
Phone: 02 9236 8511